Verace Pizzeria is a cozy Italian joint tucked into Keefer Place by Stadium Station. Exhibiting the key essence of pizzerias, Verace features a beautiful wood-burning stove and elegant/contemporary decor.
- Salati Assortiti, daily selection of cured meats and cheese, vegetables, and marinated olives. Accompanied by warm rosemary pizza bread
- Burrata, burrata cheese finished with balsamic reduction and lemon oil and served with warm rosemary pizza bread
- 8-inch Brick Oven Baked Pizza, 100% handmade with naturally leavened dough
- ½ Prosciutto e Rucola – plum tomato sauce, fior di latte mozzarella topped with prosciutto, fresh arugula, grana padano and evoo
- ½ Funghi – mushroom cream, cipollini balsamic onions, mixed crimini, portabella, and oyster mushrooms. Topped with fresh oregano, grana padano and evoo
- Lemoncello Layer Cake, limoncello infused lady fingers layered with lemon curd and mascarpone cream
The next item up was the Salati Assortiti. I’ve never had a non-soft goat cheese before and couldn’t find much taste to it as the balsamic reduction overwhelmed its flavor. The selection of meats were nice, ranging from delicate to smokey. It was pretty tough getting through the bowls of marinated veggies and olives as we were definitely given more than necessary. I would suggest asking for this to be brought out alongside the pizza so you can use up all the olives =)
Onto the main course: ½ Prosciutto e Rucola and ½ Funghi 8″ pizza. I would suggest cutting this into 4 slices and not 8 to incorporate all the elements of the pizza in each bite. The mushroom cream half disappears really quickly. Just bite, bask in its earthiness, chew, swallow, and repeat. The proscuitto half takes a bit more time to enjoy (I like to think of it as the arugula and mozzarella duking it out to be the ultimate wing man to their meaty counterpart).
And finally: Lemoncello Layer Cake. Let’s start off by saying that it’s awesome not having a chocolatey dessert to end the evening. It’s quite light, the lady fingers are only quickly dipped in lemoncello, and the mascarpone cream keeps the lemon and raspberry in balance.
This entire package would have cost on average the same price as one of their 12″ pizzas. Considering that this fed 2, definitely not a bad idea to pick up a few dining passes for your Italian cravings.