Another recipe from my mom.
Glutinous Rice Meatballs (珍珠丸子 Pearl meatballs)
1.5 cups sweet rice (glutinous rice)
1. Wash & soak the rice in water for 3-4hrs.
2. Drain the rice, using a colander/strainer.
1. Minced pork 600g
2. Water chestnut 227ml (one can) diced
3. Tiger Prawn or Shrimp 1lb
2 tablespoon ginger, ground
2 egg whites
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp potato starch
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
Cooking wine, sugar, Bonita fish powder
1. Mix A B and C together.
2. Make a small meatball in your hands, and coat it with the rice.
3. Steam for 30 minutes. Line the bottom with a cheesecloth or cabbage leaves.